Monday, October 6, 2014

2 over weeks after

I realised I never really got to talking about the 30-day challenge post-30 days.

I talked to a few friends about it, and this is the summary.

Before the 30 days, my fitness level was about 3/5. After the 30 days, its about 4/5. Why do I feel so? Before the 30 days, my push ups weren't in very good form and I can barely do 10. After, I could do more than 10 and my form was better. That was just one indicator though, there are many more.

I got into this challenge cos I was already doing level 2 now and then for the past 2 years. After coming back to Singapore, I hit an exercise rut. I blame the weather and my lifestyle. I like to exercise in the late mornings, but by 830 am, especially during this haze season, running outdoors can kill me. Running in the evenings is probably the best time for me in terms of weather but I usually have commitments in the evenings. I can't really bring myself to go to the gym in Singapore because, I really don't know why. Maybe they are just too crowded for me to go alone?

Back to the challenge.
Level 1 was easy for me. Easy, but I still perspired like crazy. It honestly felt good after the workout, but I could already do level 2 in the past, so I was getting a little bored after a few days, but I wanted to press on in level 1. When 10 days came up, I was glad. Level 2 previously gave me sore muscles the following day of the workout. As sadistic as I might sound, I was looking forward to it.

As expected, level 2 was still doable for me. In fact, the 10 days in level 1 must have prepared my body well. I did not feel muscle aches at all! This already made me feel fitter. It was more difficult though. I was excited to get into level 3, a little apprehensive, but excited all the same. I haven't done level 3 before, and I was worried about the sore muscles all of the sudden (gee I don't know why the sudden change; I think I didn't want to give up on a day due to sore muscles).

So level 3 came. In my opinion, it was freaking hard. After strength was cardio mixed with strength and then abs which sometimes had a mixture of strength too. The time seemingly passed really fast too. I guess I didn't pay attention to the time so much when I was struggling to hold my breath for more of the workout. Right till the last day of the level 3 workout, I was still unable to follow through all the way, I had to stop for about 5 seconds during the last (cardio) part. I'm going to make it my next goal when I next start on this 30-day challenge again.

Right now, I am taking a short break from HIIT and am easing myself back into my normal routine of exercise. That being said, I'm pretty sure I will still go back to do the level 3 now and then.

I didn't follow any diet plans. I find it a little tiring to stick to any diet plan in particular but I did feel a difference in the strength of my muscles. But my main aim was to get back into the exercise routine, so that was a minor issue. My diet did influence the strength I had to do my workout though, which is something I felt I had to pay attention to.

No comments: