Friday, March 22, 2013

Busy as a Bee!

I was supposed to come up with new year resolutions for 2013.
But i guess it's a little late to come up with a list now that i am already a quarter into the year.
No!
I did not procrastinate.
All I did was do the things that I was supposed to do daily and poof!
Time flies.

It is easter break next week!
That means a week free from school!
I should start behaving like a year 3 student and do my work properly.
Because it is this period of time when we start chionging right?
But i feel so sluggish.
I don't want to do anything at all.

I blame the lack of sleep sometimes.
I get up at like 730AM everyday but i refuse to think that it is a normal waking hour because everyone stares at me with the 'WHAT?! HOW DO YOU WAKE UP THAT EARLY EVERYDAY?!'
I blame everyone for making me think that I should slouch around till idk 10am?
I feel myself getting lazy.

I think I am kind of overloading myself with all the different modules i am taking this sem.
They require too much thinking.
I don't exactly like thinking.
Well, I do like thinking sometimes, like when I am alone and all.
But the thinking level they require is like at level 100 when I think my brain activity level currently supports up to say 50% only. Each time I do my readings I have to read the sentence over and over because the whole structure doesn't seem to make sense to me. I can't tell if i am the only one having this problem.
But i guess its just me. No other Soci student is complaining much.
I would like to console myself by telling myself that they just don't do the readings.

Well, a dreamer can hope.

Talking about dreams.
I haven't been having much dreams for quite some time.
BUT EVERYTIME I TALK ABOUT NOT HAVING DREAMS I START DREAMING ABOUT THEM.
Most of the dreams aren't that pleasant I might add.

Occasionally i get ridiculous dreams but they are all realistic dreams, not totally illogical. I once made an illogical dream, and i woke up because i knew it was a dream.

Something got me thinking a little yesterday. I walked past a sec school friend. He was smoking, something totally different from what I pictured him to be while we were in sec school. He was athletic, and he just somehow screams 'go healthy' to me.
Then i started to think if it was the friends that he mix with over here and if it was peer pressure. And then i wondered if he is now totally different from who i thought he was. And then i scolded myself for passing such a judgment. He was just smoking. it wasn't that big an issue. Well, not that big in Australia. Okay, not that big anywhere i guess. Smoking doesn't really change a person.
And then i started thinking about how some people would say 'I would NEVER smoke. I would rather DIE than smoke' but are now smoking anyway. Have they forgotten what they said? What changed along the way?
And then I started thinking about one of my friends who told me he smoked in the past, like social smoking, as a sort of blend in and be cool thing, but stopped when the phase passed and i wonder if people who did not stop then ever stop. Will the phase ever be over?

My thoughts are so everywhere.
But yeah, i got to start my brain moving.
It isn't moving enough.
So many thoughts, but no links.
I ALWAYS MISS THE LINKS.
:(

No comments: