Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Books for Life - I'm a Nerd :)

Did I mention that I have been reading quite alot lately? I read quite a lot of books that I have read before, like Cleo, The Time of My Life, The Book of Tomorrow, etc. And yeap, I also read a few new books.

I finished The Way We Were by Elizabeth Noble. I found this book rather heart wrenching at the end, because unlike many other romance books, this book doesn't have a happy ending. :( But it was realistic that way. Ending it happy would result in so many others feeling unhappy. And something that I gained from this book by Melissa
"You've got to stop painting yourself as some kind of victim. You're a volunteer. You're making victims of everyone else... Your life has been what you've let it be."
Well, I re-read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. At the end of that book, I found that there was actually a sequel for this book. *gasps* I JUST HAD TO READ THE SEQUEL. haha. "you can't read like 3 chapters and leave yourself hanging there right?" - so i got the pdf book. and i finished it in a day. "while my assignments were like piling" I KNOW. i should kill myself sometimes - always shirking that way. eeps. BUT ANYWAY, that book was really good. and i think it really shows the importance of the efforts that one puts in into a relationship, not just today and tomorrow, or 1-2 years down the marriage, but through the whole marriage, for life. And slowly, just slowly, you start to realise, that if a person loves you enough, 'not romantic enough' is just an excuse, an excuse for the lack of trying.

and guess what i'm doing now. going back to Running Man and laughing till my (non-existent) abs ache at the episodes. ah well. i can study tomorrow. "Shoot me now"

No comments: