Monday, November 7, 2011

#262

i'm so upset about the irresponsible cyclists at east coast park. okay i gather that it is relatively crowded on sunday afternoons, but i think people should keep on their lanes?

i barely scraped through one hour of cycling unscathed. well, that was before someone decided to turn to look at his kid instead of in front of him, thus leading to a crash between the two of us. 

SERIOUSLY? Dude, look in front while you are cycling instead of looking at your kid on your side! if you are so darn worried about your kid, get your jogging gear and jog by his side instead. at least when you crash into someone it wouldn't hurt so much. 

i was supposed to have fun and enjoy a little bit of time with myself but you spoilt it all. well, technically you didn't spoil it all, you were the trigger. 

i think the government should really make it necessary for all cyclists to have to obtain a license before they are allowed to cycle anywhere, even at home. because seriously, they are a danger when they recklessly cycle. 

1. They don't know how to cycle in their lanes. they have 3 lanes you know. two for cycling and roller blading (to and fro), one for jogging and walking. and yet you see people jogging on cycling tracks, and cyclists cycling on jogging tracks. i really tried resisting rolling my eyes but i couldn't take it towards the end. "i think i got even more frustrated than happy cycling on a sunday afternoon."

2. Overtaking is okay, but make sure it's done safely. How on earth can you just overtake without looking at your back to see that there is no one behind you going faster?! 

3. Don't start or stop abruptly. i almost banged into quite a number of people because of that. thank god my hand was constantly on the brake bar, seriously.

4. LOOK IN FRONT. that guy who banged into me was "I SWEAR" looking for his kid for at least 5 seconds. even if he didn't drive, i bet he knows the basic rule of never looking away from your front.
i tried my best to steer away from him, and i slowed down. pity he didn't and was actually going damn hell of the fast. Instead of saying sorry the whole family started asking me if i was okay. HELL, let me bang into you and have your knee bleeding profusely and i ask you that question alright?!

ended up with me having to endure with a whole lot of stares on my way home. which made me more pissed than i already am, because it was seriously annoying. i didn't want parents telling their kids that cycling recklessly was going to make them end up like me. I KNOW IM PARANOID. but i'm seriously sure i would tell my kid that. heck, people would think it's your fault what. you're the injured.

and if things CANNOT get worse, the bus driver of the bus that i got onto was a bad driver. he striked the kerb when he was going at lower than 20km per hour. comeon, drivers know how slow that is; a cyclist can be faster than him. to top it off, he horned a car incessantly so that he could get in the lane that he wanted. *speechless* his driving is probably worse than mine.

and then my mom had to call me and related a little drama over her end and asked me to be a messanger again. *rolls eyes* and asked me to buy food home for bro. *double roll-eyes*

im hell of the upset because i got injured and fell off my bike for the first time ever, and it wasn't even my fault. damn this basket, seriously. ANGRY. ):<

okay im done ranting. off to eat tauhuay that my sis bought for me (:

No comments: