Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Year of 2015

It was beautiful.

When clock struck 12 on New Year's day, the fireworks went off one after another, again and again for almost 5 minutes. It was so close. It is the closest I have ever been to fireworks, and I think it's the closest I would ever be.

Singapore sure knows how to throw a party.

And that is one short snippet of the really long fireworks show (not that I am complaining).

I realised that I have really grown up then.
Gone were the days where I go crazy looking forward to countdowns and having fun with my friends.
But maybe I already grew out from these a long time ago. Well.
I actually envisioned myself sitting on the couch watching fireworks and sipping wine (not literally though, i'm not that big a fan of wine). But my point is, I rather spend it quietly with the one I love. This year, we went to Melv's place cos his mom feels a little down. I'm really glad we didn't go out and just stayed in the end, because I wouldn't have been able to see such an awesome fireworks show if we went out.

And with all new years come new changes.
I want changes this year, I really do.
And I'm talking about all aspects of my life.
Can you believe I've never sat down and thought about my New Year Resolutions?
For a thinker who likes to think, I sure didn't think much.
But I resolved to do that this year! (haha I think I'm funny; resolving to do resolution)
  • Health
    • Exercising at least twice a week
    • Eating Healthier - more fruits and vegetables and more home cooked healthy meals
  • Wealth
    • Take up the 52 Weeks Challenge (in my own manner)
  • Social and Family Life
    • Cooking at least 2 meals a month for my family 
    • Volunteering for something 
    • Being more involved emotionally
  • Self
    • Going back to reading - a book a month doesn't sound too difficult yes?
    • Finish Taylor's Gift 
    • Spend a day a month to clear the clutter - literally a whole day
    • Knowing more about Him.
And I'm going to do it! 
Let's go!

No comments: