Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Love, Rosie

And so I caught this show a while back.

I was slightly disappointed.

There was a redeeming scene in the movie which the book never mentioned.

I, however, was soooo disappointed that the whole movie NEVER mentioned about the silence, apart from once, only in passing.

No, I mean, seriously? The silence is such a big aspect of Alex's and Rosie's love life. It was also the silence that brought Toby and Katie together.
How on earth can they not talk about it?!

I was so sad that was literally the first thing I talked about when I left the theatre. The other scenes were sooooo irrelevant to me.

Why oh why, what a terrible thing to do to me.
And where is Randy Andy? HAHAHA that guy was a joke.

But I really liked the part where Alex told Rosie she was perfect for him (well kinda hinted), and it was because he thought he didn't have a chance with her, that he went on from one girl to another, trying to find someone who would at least match up with her, but none has ever been able to meet up to what she is. It was quite a silly place to do it though, at his wedding with Bethany, but it is just so typical of the two of them - doing the right things at the wrong times.

Please don't let If you could see me now suffer the same fate. Please capitalise on the last scene, when Elizabeth paints that room, what the room looks like, and her smile. Please show Opal's love story. Is that film even coming out? I've been waiting for years now. It's taking forever. In fact, how can Love, Rosie be out before If you could see me now. The talks about If you could see me now being made into a movie was so much earlier!

No comments: