Sunday, July 15, 2012

P's & Q's

I wonder how many people read Enid Blyton these days. 
I remember i used to read this author's books like crazily when i was young. 
I read like EVERY book listed at the back of the books and was always looking out for the new additions. 

This brings me to my main point. 
If people read Enid Blyton, they would definitely come across the phrase "Mind your Ps and Qs". 
they would learn from the stories that children should ALWAYS have good manners. 
I went to google the name of the book series and that book is called "The Cat with a Feathery Tail". 
in this series is the short story titled "Polly's P's & Q's"
And then i vaguely remember how the story goes. the little girl always forgets her please and thank yous for the things people do for her. to correct this problem of hers, her mother sewn little alphabets of P's and Q's and stuck them onto her clothes whenever she forgot them. Each time she remembered, one was taken away. On one hand I am thinking why was she so silly; I would have taken it off haha! On the other hand, i think i would be pretty embarrassed if i were her. How embarrassing it is to walk around with a constant reminder that i do not have manners. 

People these days either don't seem to have manners in them or are just too lazy to do it. Anyhow, it is under-utilised. That's pretty sad isn't it. The other day someone asked me to do something for them and not a please or thank you was relayed. That didn't make sense to me because you could relay one whole lot of information for me to do, but you can't say a simple please or thank you. 
It just makes things a lot more unhappy. 

Yeah, that's my main point. 
I'M NOT HAPPY.
>:(

No comments: